Have you ever wished you had more time? I think all of us have at some point in our lives, especially at this time of the year. What would you do with more time? Spend it with your family? Put in some overtime at work? Get some jobs finished that you have been putting off? Get some much needed rest and relaxation?
This year we have an extra Lord's Day. There are fifty-two weeks in a year, which usually gives us only fifty-two Sundays each year. This is bulletin number "52" for the year, which means next week's bulletin will be number "53."
What a blessing this gives us. An additional day in the year to assemble with the saints and study His word, praise Him in song, join our hearts together in prayer, remember the Lord's death, combine our resources in our freewill offering, and listen to instruction from God's Word.
How do you plan to spend this extra Lord's Day?
be careful how you walk, not as unwise men but as wise,
16. making the most of your time, because the days are evil.
17. So then do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is dissipation, but be filled with the Spirit,
19. speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making
melody with your heart to the Lord;
20. always giving thanks for all things in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ to God, even the Father;
Ephesians 5:15-20; NASU