Dear friend, will you consider these five reasons why one should obey the gospel now?
1. One proves his love for the Lord when he obeys His word. "If ye love me, keep my commandments" (John 14:15).
2. To obey the Lord is to give Him your soul, body, and mind to be used in His service. "But first gave their own selves to the Lord" (2 Cor. 8:5).
3. You should obey now because there are so many anxiously interested in you: God, Christ, the Holy Spirit, angels, your relatives, and every faithful Christian.
4. We believe that you are such a fine person that you will make heaven more desirable for others. We want to associate with you in heaven.
5. Finally, think of the wonderful promise of the Lord. "Having the promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come" (1 Tim. 4:8).
We are your friends and we are willing to do everything within our power to help you. We are praying that you will be baptized during our Gospel Meeting starting today with Stan Cox from Ft. Worth, TX.
"Behold, now is the accepted time; Behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2).
adapted, originally appeared in the Oct. 15, 1972 bulletin for this congregation